Wash Cycle Laundry, a triple-bottom line social enterprise and commercial laundry company, is seeking a General Manager to lead our operations in the Boston metro area. We were founded in 2010 as a for-profit business with a strong social mission: to create upwardly mobile career pathways for adults overcoming histories of incarceration, homelessness, and other barriers to employment. Eight years later, we are expanding operations to service hotels in the Boston metro area.
You will lead our start up of operations at a new plant in the market, growing your team to approximately 75 laundry and delivery staff providing laundry services to a range of hotels across the area. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you'll receive guidance and mentorship from an industry veteran while having autonomy to grow the market you lead while making a meaningful social impact for individuals seeking a second chance in the workforce.
You will build an engaged workforce, empowered to make decisions, with the tools and training required to do their jobs well, and rewarded for meeting and exceeding expectations. You will provide balanced, motivating feedback to all members of your team, based both on qualitative observation and documented, written standards. In collaboration with administrative staff and a set of non-profit job training partners, you'll select motivated individuals to become members of your team, on-board them into the company, and ensure they have training to do the job. You'll also coach front-line supervisors to help them develop broader management toolkits.
In addition, you will do the following:
- Provide a clean, healthy, and safe environment for all company personnel, and monitors company policies regarding safety, job performance, and professionalism in the workplace.
- Forecast expenses and plan and execute an approved budget.
- Plan preventive maintenance of existing equipment and forecasts capital expenditures and manage installation of new equipment.
- Plan production, schedule hours worked, set clear production targets for plant staff, and ensure those targets are met.
- Manage human resource issues such as regulatory compliance, staffing, and payroll approval for the entire staff.
- Build relationships with key customers.
- Produce weekly reporting for operations Key Performance Indicators.
- Ability to manage a budget and read financial statements.
- At least 3 years' prior people management experience.
- Evidence of mentorship of prior direct reports.
- Either experience in hotel management (especially in the rooms division) or managing a commercial laundry operation.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel around the Boston metro area every week.
- Ability to make occasional overnight travel to Wash Cycle Laundry's other markets (Washington DC and Philadelphia).
- Experience working with or managing job seekers with significant barriers to employment, such as those re-entering the workforce after incarceration or periods of homelessness.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
- Bachelor's or master's degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, pull/push carts, and move around the laundry plant.
Base Salary $70,000 and above, plus benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
CLICK TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB